Making crucible at Abbeydale Hamlet

  • mparkerlisberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2013

      I have just posted a YouTube video showing how crucibles for the first steel made in manufacturing quantities were made in the 18th century at Abbeydale Hamlet. See:
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyrxN4OBhmw>

      Malcolm
    • Eggleston Lance
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2014
        Just looked at this video and it reminds me of the device
        David Gingery built to make crux with a form.

        He wrote a small book on it.

        lance
        ++++