Re: cast iron box

  • grumpygrady
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2013
      sounds like a box for color case harding of parts
      a layer of old leather parts layer leather etc then seal the box and put into fire , they make really beautiful case harding part and the leather give a really nice blue and gold color
      but the way my week has being going it may have just a metal box lol
      grumpygrady

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Aviragus" <postellon@...> wrote:

      > I got an item from a foundry that closed. It is a cast iron box, open on the top, about the size of a lead-acid car battery. I have no clue as to what it is. Any guesses?

    • Daniel Postellon
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2013
        That is as good an answer as any so far.