Thought I'd post some pics as the group is so quiet.

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 21, 2013
      The first one is the line-up of all the small flasks I have. The second
      pic is the results shortly after shake out. I'll put them in a folder if
      they don't show as attachments. Three more pours like this to go and
      then one smaller pour in brass.
      The plaques are for the annual Estevan Model Engineering Show
      <http://estevanmodelengineeringshow.com/> which is held October 19th &
      20th this year. You guys should get one if you bring some of your work
      to show to exhibit.
      Now, let's hear what your up to...........

      Rupert
      --

      yvt

      Rupert Wenig
      Camrose, Alberta, Canada.

      email: rwenig2@...

      http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/

    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 21, 2013
        Ok. I put them in my folder on this group.
        Rupert

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 13, 2013
          I put a picture of the final results of the plaque casting in my
          photo's folder. This job is much easier to do when one isn't rushed
          (like last year). 85 in total.
          Do you see the colour differences in the brass? I believe that is
          caused by melting both yellow brass and red brass together and not
          mixing properly. I was melting old plumbing valves and fixtures.

          Rupert
          PS. Is anyone in the group planning on attending the EMES show?

          --

          yvt

          Rupert Wenig
          Camrose, Alberta, Canada.

          email: rwenig2@...

          http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/
        • StoneTool
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 13, 2013
            Rupert:
            If you had that effect on all of them, it would be an artistic
            trade mark........... They look good though>

            Yahoo unfortunately seems to be in the process of screwing everything up
            and making it extremely difficult to access what we used to be able to
            access easily.

            Howard

            On 09/13/2013 11:29 AM, Rupert wrote:
            > I put a picture of the final results of the plaque casting in my
            > photo's folder. This job is much easier to do when one isn't rushed
            > (like last year). 85 in total.
            > Do you see the colour differences in the brass? I believe that is
            > caused by melting both yellow brass and red brass together and not
            > mixing properly. I was melting old plumbing valves and fixtures.
            >
            > Rupert
            > PS. Is anyone in the group planning on attending the EMES show?
            >
            > On 8/21/2013 4:57 PM, Rupert wrote:
            >> The first one is the line-up of all the small flasks I have. The second
            >> pic is the results shortly after shake out. I'll put them in a folder if
            >> they don't show as attachments. Three more pours like this to go and
            >> then one smaller pour in brass.
            >> The plaques are for the annual Estevan Model Engineering Show
            >> <http://estevanmodelengineeringshow.com/> which is held October 19th &
            >> 20th this year. You guys should get one if you bring some of your work
            >> to show to exhibit.
            >> Now, let's hear what your up to...........
            >>
            >> Rupert
          • Nelson Collar
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 13, 2013
              I like it, it shows all the photos. Hopefully you have a  fast system.
              Other groups have a lot more tab to choose from. Go to these sites and give it a try.
              Nelson Collar

              If you had that effect on all of them, it would be an artistic
              trade mark........... They look good though>

              Yahoo unfortunately seems to be in the process of screwing everything up
              and making it extremely difficult to access what we used to be able to
              access easily.

              Howard

              On 09/13/2013 11:29 AM, Rupert wrote:
              > I put a picture of the final results of the plaque casting in my
              > photo's folder. This job is much easier to do when one isn't rushed
              > (like last year). 85 in total.
              > Do you see the colour differences in the brass? I believe that is
              > caused by melting both yellow brass and red brass together and not
              > mixing properly. I was melting old plumbing valves and fixtures.
              >
              > Rupert
              > PS. Is anyone in the group planning on attending the EMES show?
              >
              > On 8/21/2013 4:57 PM, Rupert wrote:
              >> The first one is the line-up of all the small flasks I have. The second
              >> pic is the results shortly after shake out. I'll put them in a folder if
              >> they don't show as attachments. Three more pours like this to go and
              >> then one smaller pour in brass.
              >> The plaques are for the annual Estevan Model Engineering Show
              >> <http://estevanmodelengineeringshow.com/> which is held October 19th &
              >> 20th this year. You guys should get one if you bring some of your work
              >> to show to exhibit.
              >> Now, let's hear what your up to...........
              >>
              >> Rupert

            • rwenig2
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14, 2013
                I normally get messages via e-mail but for some reason I see some messages aren't coming through. I noticed two messages on the home page (one from Howard and one from Nelson) didn't come through to my e-mail.

                Howard:
                Thanks for the compliment but I'm not sure what you mean by your first sentence.

                In regards to Yahoo screwing things up: I haven't noticed any changes here so I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out what the chatter is about. The chatter is more prevalent on other groups. But, as I said above, I have my preferences set to get e-mail and don't often do web mail so maybe that is the reason.

                Rupert
                Ps. I'm answering this via web mail as it hasn't shown up in my inbox yet.

                --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, StoneTool <owly@...> wrote:

                > Rupert:
                > If you had that effect on all of them, it would be an artistic
                > trade mark........... They look good though>
                >
                > Yahoo unfortunately seems to be in the process of screwing everything up
                > and making it extremely difficult to access what we used to be able to
                > access easily.
                >

                > Howard

              • Rupert
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14, 2013
                  Hello Nelson,
                  Your message just came in to my e-mail. It's only a day late. The pages
                  that open for me when I click on the links you give appear to be the
                  same as the pages I'm used to seeing. Maybe they will appear differently
                  on different browsers. I'm using fireFox.

                  Rupert

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 14, 2013
                    Interestingly when I click the link at the bottom the message
                    leading to the group page, I get the normal page now......... Yesterday
                    it put me in the yahoo groups page and had no option for "my groups". I
                    found the Hobbicast web page, but even though I was logged in according
                    to what was in the upper right corner of the page, I couldn't access the
                    pages. It asked me if I wanted to join!!
                    I had to log out and then log back in, and then it worked..............

                    Today it all works normally????? Yahoo has some real problems
                    going on these days!

                    Howard

                    On 09/14/2013 09:34 AM, Rupert wrote:
                    > Hello Nelson,
                    > Your message just came in to my e-mail. It's only a day late. The pages
                    > that open for me when I click on the links you give appear to be the
                    > same as the pages I'm used to seeing. Maybe they will appear differently
                    > on different browsers. I'm using fireFox.
                    >
                    > Rupert
                    >
                    > On 9/13/2013 8:49 PM, Nelson Collar wrote:
                    >> I have heard this about Yahoo too long. I'm going to copy this email so
                    >> I can copy, paste and send. The NEW Yahoo is a nice system that has a
                    >> lot to offer. the tab, Conversations: what was messages,
                    >> http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hobbicast/conversations/messages
                    >> This is the new photo section:
                    >> I like it, it shows all the photos. Hopefully you have a fast system.
                    >> Other groups have a lot more tab to choose from. Go to these sites and
                    >> give it a try.
                    >> Nelson Collar
                  • Rupert
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 14, 2013
                      Are you talking about the Yahoo log in page? If so, that is old. I've
                      seen that for well over a year as Yahoo only allows a "keep signed in"
                      for 2 weeks.

                      Rupert
                      Ps. still haven't seen your earlier message come through.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 14, 2013
                        I believe what Yahoo is trying to do is STOP some of the spam and the unwanted garbage. Yesterday, every email I sent I had to solve the spam puzzle to send them. God only knows, but to what I see in the different groups I belong to has nothing short of great. Hang in there you will see that as soon as they get all the bugs worked out. Like new software, they work out all the quarks after the start to run. Look at all the updates when Windows 7 came out. One thing I have reservations about and that is in the Photo section. All photo start popping up in a grid as they load, all depends on your system and how fast it works. Hang-in-there
                        Nelson Collar