Re: [hobbicast] Re: Iron Investment

  • Kerri Duncan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2013
      Jeshua- platinum casting is done above Iron temps- about 350-900 F above. So any of the platinum casting investments will work. I have used Ransom and Randolph for all gold and silver investments I use- and have had great results.

      Kerr also makes a good investment some swear by.

      If you have never used jewelry grade investment- please make sure to follow the water ratios for mixing.

      If you are using it for Iron, try referencing the manufacturer by email. I did several non-standard alloy melts with non-precious metals for a client and the guys at Ransom/Randolph were more than helpful. They referred me to a few papers from the Santa Fe Symposium that hit on exactly I needed.

      Just my experience.

      Kerri