Lost PLA to Metal Casting Documentary

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
      Greetings,

      Today we published a complete 34 minute, step by step documentary of this entire Lost PLA 3D print to aluminum casting process. There is also quick 5 minute overview of the process available.

      Both are linked here from our Thingiverse page:

      http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:82176

      A direct link to the full version is here:
      http://youtu.be/WWVVSZP3Au4

      And the overview is here:
      http://youtu.be/0bxOzCgUj_U

      Cheers,

      Jeshua Lacock
      Founder/Engineer
      3DTOPO Incorporated
      <http://3DTOPO.com>
      Phone: 208.462.4171
    • Sage McGirk
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 5:18 AM
        Thanks for the great posting Jeshua.... I had some assistance 3d printing
        some rings as proof of concept, and attempted my first CZ settings with
        Lost PLA, and spin casting instead of gravity.

        /sm

        On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Jeshua Lacock <jeshua@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Today we published a complete 34 minute, step by step documentary of this
        > entire Lost PLA 3D print to aluminum casting process. There is also quick 5
        > minute overview of the process available.
        >
        > Both are linked here from our Thingiverse page:
        >
        > http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:82176
        >
        > A direct link to the full version is here:
        > http://youtu.be/WWVVSZP3Au4
        >
        > And the overview is here:
        > http://youtu.be/0bxOzCgUj_U
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Jeshua Lacock
        > Founder/Engineer
        > 3DTOPO Incorporated
        > <http://3DTOPO.com>
        > Phone: 208.462.4171

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1 2:29 PM
          Hi, thank-you for posting this is the very best I've seen on the net ever!!!
          Mike.
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1 4:16 PM
            On May 1, 2013, at 3:29 PM, "Michael" <boxcarmj@...> wrote:

            > Hi, thank-you for posting this is the very best I've seen on the net ever!!!

            Hi Mike,

            Thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

            Best,

            Jeshua Lacock