My lastest iron castings

  • ferrman1001
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2013
      Hi everyone

      I have been busy pouring iron castings for my latest model. There are two videos, the first is about machining the castings and the second is about assembling and testing the model. http://youtu.be/cQHBzCAmsqE http://youtu.be/iTgcHp582rE
    • Steve Wan
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2013
        Hi Ferrman

        What's the end use of this interesting product?
        Run by wind/steam energy?

        Your cast skill is super! Do you cast for others at a small fees?
        I may need help in my small machine making.

        I'm from Singapore.

        Steve Wan

        On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM, ferrman1001 <ferrman1001@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi everyone
        >
        > I have been busy pouring iron castings for my latest model. There are two
        > videos, the first is about machining the castings and the second is about
        > assembling and testing the model. http://youtu.be/cQHBzCAmsqE
        > http://youtu.be/iTgcHp582rE

      • ferrman1001
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2013
          It has no end use, I like to build working models for a hobby. I would take a guess that freight charges to Singapore would make the castings too expensive.
        • Steve Wan
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 29, 2013
            Hi Ferrman

            Thanks for the reply! I know you cast for hobby. You're in Australia
            which is so much nearer than those in USA or UK. The shipment would be
            cheaper by sea.

            There's no rush, when I need a cast I wait for your other jobs to come along.

            Steve Wan