How to stop these email messages?

  • gaveupontv
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
      I've sent email after email to the address listed in unsubscribe and yet every time I log onto my email there is another yahoo email digest. Obviously there is some money connected to this or something.
      Anybody know how to stop the email from coming?
      Some yahoo groups will send you a email that you have to reply to. And some, like the 9X20 lathe group, gingery machines, hobbicast, drill mill, 3_in_one_Lathe_Mill_drill and fly_5_K just ignore my many emails to the unsubscribe address.
      It's really starting to irk me. I've missed important messages because I have to sort through all these emails (pages)and I wouldn't have signed up if I realized that I couldn't get them to stop.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Richard
    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
        Hello Richard,
        Sorry your having troubles. I didn't see any requests to
        unsubscribe you come through. Please go to the home page and click on
        "edit membership". Scroll to the bottom. You will see settings that you
        can change along the way. You will see a spot to click on at the bottom
        that says "leave group". Clicking on it should remove you from the group.
        Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll see if I can help.

        Rupert

        On 3/21/2013 7:54 AM, gaveupontv wrote:
        > I've sent email after email to the address listed in unsubscribe and yet every time I log onto my email there is another yahoo email digest. Obviously there is some money connected to this or something.
        > Anybody know how to stop the email from coming?
        > Some yahoo groups will send you a email that you have to reply to. And some, like the 9X20 lathe group, gingery machines, hobbicast, drill mill, 3_in_one_Lathe_Mill_drill and fly_5_K just ignore my many emails to the unsubscribe address.
        > It's really starting to irk me. I've missed important messages because I have to sort through all these emails (pages)and I wouldn't have signed up if I realized that I couldn't get them to stop.
        > Any suggestions?
        > Thanks
        > Richard

        > List Owner:

        > -----
        > No virus found in this message.

        yvt

        Rupert Wenig
        Camrose, Alberta, Canada.

        email: rwenig2@...

        http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/
      • Stephen Lovely
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
          Log in to yahoo and go to the group. Click on edit membership, at step 2
          select the web only option. I have done that for several groups I belong
          and get no mail from them at all. To follow the group I log in to yahoo
          and go
          to the group. It has worked well for me and hopefully will work for you
          too.

          On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM, gaveupontv <gaveupontv@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I've sent email after email to the address listed in unsubscribe and yet
          > every time I log onto my email there is another yahoo email digest.

        • StoneTool
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 21, 2013
            The advice that has been given on this is good..................
            The problem usually is one of two things. If you are sending the
            unsubscribe from a different email account than the one you subscribed
            through, such as would be the case if your email is being forwarded, it
            will be ignored. The other case is if you have a spam blocker, and
            it is picking up the confirmation letter which is sent to you from Yahoo
            Groups, and blocking it as spam.
            Occasionally......... rarely..... someone has these kinds of
            problems. All the information needed to change or unsubscribe is listed
            at the bottom of every group message, as follows, and it works:

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Howard

            On 03/21/2013 07:54 AM, gaveupontv wrote:
            > I've sent email after email to the address listed in unsubscribe and yet every time I log onto my email there is another yahoo email digest. Obviously there is some money connected to this or something.
            > Anybody know how to stop the email from coming?
            > Some yahoo groups will send you a email that you have to reply to. And some, like the 9X20 lathe group, gingery machines, hobbicast, drill mill, 3_in_one_Lathe_Mill_drill and fly_5_K just ignore my many emails to the unsubscribe address.
            > It's really starting to irk me. I've missed important messages because I have to sort through all these emails (pages)and I wouldn't have signed up if I realized that I couldn't get them to stop.
            > Any suggestions?
            > Thanks
            > Richard

            > List Owner:

          • gboettcher
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
              unsubscribe

              The Process for Filing Petition for Unsubscription through the Internet
              Unsubscription Bureau under the established Unsubscribe System.

              The new Unsubscribe System mandates that each person who wishes to
              unsubscribe from a list, fill out in triplicate, Form BS-183-L. This must
              be done in hard copy. This form is then mailed to the Internet
              Unsubscription Bureau (IUB) in Tuscola, Illinois.

              Upon receipt of Form BS-183-L, the IUB will then prepare Form MF-876e,
              the Petition for Unsubscription, which is mailed to the Internet
              Subscription - Unsubscription Profiling Center in Ludwig, Florida, which
              will conduct a thorough personal investigation of the Candidate for
              Unsubscription, which usually takes 6 to 8 weeks, unless there's a recount.
              The cost of this investigation, is usually around $300 to $500, and
              it must be paid for by The Candidate for Unsubscription, with the payment
              being sent to the Internet Fee Processing Center in Detroit, Michigan. All
              payments must be made in cash or cashier's checks. No personal checks or
              credit cards are accepted.

              If all goes well with the personal investigation, The Candidate will
              receive Form BMF-9387233, the Summons for Termination of Subscription
              Hearing. These hearings are held in one of three regional locations
              throughout the country: Nome, Alaska - Hilo, Hawaii - and Key West, Florida.
              However hearings held in Florida are subject to many, many appeals so you
              might want to opt to have the jurisdiction moved to one of the other
              locations. Your personal attendance at these hearings is mandatory.
              The candidate for unsubscription is advised to bring legal
              representation with him or her to this hearing. A few people have managed
              to successfully represent themselves all the way to a successful
              unsubscription, but it's a rare occasion when they prevail without an
              attorney to represent their interests.

              At the hearing, a federal magistrate will hear the evidence and pleas
              regarding the Petition for Unsubscription and make a decision as to whether
              or not to proceed with the hearing or order a continuance until additional
              information can be processed. If the Petition to unsubscribe is found
              worthy of consideration a court date will be set, usually within a six
              month period.

              Of course, The Candidate for Unsubscription can expect a fairly
              rigorous cross-examination by the prosecutors. Many searching, embarrassing
              questions will be asked which might include: "If you could manage to scrape
              enough brain cells together to subscribe to a list, what happened to your
              brain when you decided to unsubscribe?" "Are you a freakin idiot or
              something?" "Did you damage your brain staring at too many porn sites?"
              "What the heck is the matter with you?" "What, are you, a moron?" "What,
              are you, crazy?" "Are you brain dead or just having a brain fart?"
              And, of course, 'The Big One' - "Can't you read instructions?"
              Depending on how the trial proceeds, many different things can happen,
              including a mistrial, a hung jury, which will result in entering the appeals
              process {and you know how the Florida appeals system works}, or jailing and
              torture of The Candidate for Unsubscription in a South American prison, and
              so on.

              These topics will be covered in a later edition of this newsletter.

            • Jamie Cunningham
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
                Damn - I only use checks I can never unsubscribe from anything ever again!

                LOL :)

                Jamie
                Check out my CNC projects (and more) at http://www.backyardworkshop.com