713 alloy (tenzaloy)

  • shipmanbb@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
      Hello, I live near Oklahoma City and was wondering how and where I would go about obtaining tenzaloy? It seems like the perfect thing for me because I need good strength but can't do sophisticated heat treatments.

      Bret
    • Stankap
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
        Bret,
        Look for a local aluminum foundry. I got mine from a foundry near my house in PA, about 30 mi from me. They had ingots, I got 60lb for about $90.00 in 2010.

        I bought it for the same reasons you did, no need for heat treating and it is almost as strong as A356.

        Stan