Re: about tin ?

  • Wonk
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
      Rather than define all the different metals I will refer you to Google or other search engine to get a complete picture of what your looking for!
      As far as casting the different metals you would be far ahead to buy known alloys from a reputable company such as Budget casting. Many of the alloys have ingreadents that are hard to come by locally and some probably at great expense due to shipping costs and such. Then you must hit the alloy on the mark or suffer from a lack of one or more ingreadent or wrong measure, et.
      Back when I first started casting (1977 or so) I decided I wanted some castings from ZA-12 and it took many tries to get the formula correct., It was quite a let down to make castings that were not good for the intended end product. Stuff for the hobby guys was had to get back then!
      Good luck on your experiments and castings!
      Cheers Wonk