Re: yellow metal

  • Wonk
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 20, 2013
      I prefere Melrin's Gold or Aztec Gold as a substitute and have been very succesful casting it!

      Wonk

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, michael.a.porter@... wrote:

      > Try looking here:
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinchbeck_(alloy)
    • Kerri Duncan
      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 21, 2013
        Puprple gold is detrimental to electronics- that is for certain- but there are others that are actually using it to their advantage- true- they are jewelers... but I like the results!
        Check out:
        http://www.meevis.com/jewelry-making-class-faceted-purple-gold.htm

        Meevis' initial experiments in the ingots:
        http://www.meevis.com/jewelery-making-class-purple-gold-experiments.htm

        And applied to lapidary:
        http://hansmeevis.blogspot.com/2007/09/tourmaline-and-purple-gold-lamination.html

        Just thought I would give a different take on the topic as to some it is a problem... and to other fields- its a fashion...

        If you guys like the purple gold you will also like his crystal steam engine- Made of CZ:
        http://ganoksin.com/blog/meevis/2012/02/14/the-mini-cz-steam-engine-part-2/

        Be safe and enjoy!
        Kerri