Re: [hobbicast] one time bronze pour

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2013
      http://www.lmine.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=LMS&Category_Code=fused  Howard:Seems like a lot of work to save $11.99 plus shipping. The fused silica crucibles are used for melting precious metals to 2750 degrees. They also have a budget graphite one with one kilo of copper capacity for $11.67 plus shipping. Carl

      ________________________________

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2013
          You're right Carl............

          I have a fairly large furnace, and melting a tiny quantity of
          bronze in it seems a bit silly...Crucibles are cheap enough, tongs are
          not. But there really is no reason why I couldn't use the same
          crucible I use for aluminum..... replace it later if need be. It
          just looked like an interesting project. I remember seeing photos a
          member posted of a reverb type furnace one member built, and I found it
          intriguing. Not having to handle a crucible at all is appealing.

          Howard