Re: ingate / outgate

  • Wonk
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 8 12:14 PM
      Amen - and very good books! I have watched Mr Ammen casting as a young lad when visiting my grandparents near Manitou Colorado. His knowledge on casting has inspired me through the years.

      Wonk

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "phil" wrote:

      > I have found that this book really tells you all you need to know, is written by a man whos carrer was in proffesional metal casting and foundry work. Needles to say it contains no complex mathematics. We have been succesfully casting metal on this planet since the bronze age!;-)
      > The Complete Handbook of Sand Casting (Tab books) by C. W. Ammen (1 Jan 1982)
      > Phil

    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 8 12:30 PM
        Mr. Amen's books are a fun read. He has individual books on Aluminum, Brass
        and Cast Iron. Even if one is not interested in casting that metal, just
        reading the books is fun. His characterization of a 'bandy legged sand crab'
        as a prototype foundry man is great. Well worth checking used book stores
        for copies.

        Dennis Cranston

        Amen - and very good books! I have watched Mr Ammen casting as a young lad
        when visiting my grandparents near Manitou Colorado. His knowledge on
        casting has inspired me through the years.

        Wonk

        --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "phil" wrote:

        > I have found that this book really tells you all you need to know, is
        > written by a man whos carrer was in proffesional metal casting and
        > foundry work. Needles to say it contains no complex mathematics. We
        > have been succesfully casting metal on this planet since the bronze
        > age!;-) The Complete Handbook of Sand Casting (Tab books) by C. W.
        > Ammen (1 Jan 1982) Phil

        For additional files and photos and off topic discussions check out these
        two affiliated sites:

        List Owner: