Re: [hobbicast] Helical tube cavity

  • Pierre Coueffin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012
      I'd be tempted to use a post-hole auger bit or ice-auger to hold the
      pattern together... Scout yout local free-cycle group or garage sales for
      the helical bit, then weld on short sections of pipe or something to get a
      spiral hole in your mold...

      http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8453797/Category-One-Implements/6-in.-Southland-Auger-Bit

      I've seen 4" diameter bits that I bet would be a good size for this, but I
      can't find one off hand.