Newbie Questions

  • earl.white98
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2012
      Just a metal casting wannabe here.

      I'm looking to get started on a 5 gallon overall sized furnace of the lifting body type. If anyone has some sketches or advice. I have most of the steel sheet metal and steel for making a furnace from scratch. I will probably want a swing away lid and run it on propane. It should have enough room for 4 to 6 pounds of aluminum and be portable on wheels.
      I also have a wire (mig) welder and a cut off saw.

      Thanks in advance!

      Earl
    • Wonk
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2012
        go to the library and see if they have the 'Dave Gingery' books if not then buy the couple intended to show you how to build a crucible furnace. One is a lift body just as you describe wanting. (cost under $20.00)

        This should get you to his web site> Gingery books.com

        Wonk