My latest cast iron pour

  • ferrman1001
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2012
      It has been a while since I have done a cast iron pour, in this video there is a close up of my pouring trolley. It gives my back a rest when pouring larger amounts. Have a look towards the end when I look into the crucible, yeah I've got enough. Another short pour! Have a look at my sand mixer it has been the most useful thing I have built for the home foundry.
      Click onto the link to see the video http://youtu.be/t5kP1wika4k
    • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2012
        Very nice finish, particularly on the cone shaped piece, love the trolley.

        Malcolm

        Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
        The writing is on the wall.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2012
          Yeah, I don't know how many times I thought I had enough and ended up pouring short! I'm impressed with your waste oil/propane hybred furnace. And one nice thing about your trolly is your far enough away so you don't get singed by the radient heat. Keep up the good work!

        • Steven DePhillips
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2012
            Thanks for posting the video.  I like the pouring trolley it solves the problem of poring heavy crucibles without assistance and also keeps you at a safe (cooler) distance.  Every time i have to pour my 8'' Sch 20. x 18" long pipe crucible i have to have my brother come 30 miles 1 way to help  and its only aluminum i am pouring.  I am definitely going to make one similar to yours.

            Thanks Again
            Steve DePhillips

          • ferrman1001
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2012
              I always thought that I was the only one to do a dumb thing like that... It is good to see that my ideas can be useful to others.
            • Jarhead
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2012
                Dude, that trolley is AWESOME.  Thank you for sharing!

                It has been a while since I have done a cast iron pour, in this video there is a close up of my pouring trolley. It gives my back a rest when pouring larger amounts. Have a look towards the end when I look into the crucible, yeah I've got enough. Another short pour! Have a look at my  sand mixer it has been the most useful thing I have built for the home foundry.
                Click onto the link to see the video  http://youtu.be/t5kP1wika4k

                check out these two affiliated sites:

                List Owner: