RE: [hobbicast] $1000 furnace

  • Ted Fanning
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 8, 2012
      Sorry about multi post but it keeps being returned and sent again by
      Outlook, try this and block it after first fail.

      Any way if you put in an auto bid with an upper limit, it will keep putting
      bids to be top, but these bids will not show on the bid history until the
      end, because although you have asked eBay to do this, it is the robot doing
      it. All you see if 2 or more are doing this is the bid price rising with
      apparently no one bidding.

      Ted

      From: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com <mailto:hobbicast%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 15, 2012
        Since Lost & Foundry used 3/4" pipe as the burner tube, I used that and
        tapped in the 1/4" pipe to feed the gas. Unless you want to spend a lot
        of time monkeying with jet sizes, you'll need a valve to adjust that
        flow; I do it by ear to what sounds like it is burning best without
        being too fat or lean. You could probably go to the next smaller pipe
        size. You'll need to adjust the fan speed or intake volume, I went to a
        9V transformer, but my fan is 18V, and it runs at about the right speed
        (draft inducer fan from eBay); I tried covering the intake, but even
        opened a crack it pulled in too much air. I have since made an identical
        setup that uses this fan and 1" pipe so I can get the heat up a little
        more to melt bronze, and I also made another furnace base that has a
        1"pipe connector to accommodate the pipe. Having the unions in the
        middle makes it nice when to disassemble it and take it inside because
        of the rain.

        Hope these give you some good ideas.

        Jim