Re: first attempt at induction heating

  • ferrman1001
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
      Howard

      The work coil has 20 turns and is not cooled in any way. I have forgotten what the frequency was because I had to borrow a meter to measure it. I do not have any electronics knowledge so I am flying by the seat of my pants. It does not stop me from experimenting and to see how far I can go. I think your idea of using an inverter/welder is a far better idea than using many computer power supplies. Les I have not put much thought into using many power supplies, it could be more trouble than it is worth

      Ernie
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
        On Feb 1, 2012, at 11:03 PM, ferrman1001 wrote:

        > The work coil has 20 turns and is not cooled in any way. I have forgotten what the frequency was because I had to borrow a meter to measure it. I do not have any electronics knowledge so I am flying by the seat of my pants.

        Tim has been there done that and now works designing induction heaters professionally.

        So I would take Tim's advice or you may find yourself *frying* by the seat of your pants.

        ;)

        Best,

        Jeshua Lacock
        Founder/Engineer