Re: [hobbicast] Furnace temperature

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 6, 2012
      Jim:There is a guy, Allen(I may have the spelling wrong) in Fontana. It has been more than a year since I talked to him. At the time he hadn't built a furnace. Mine isn't finished but hopefully will be soon. I would think there might be a few more in the whole Los Angeles area but I don't recall anybody posting. Carl

      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 7, 2012
        Jim,
        There is a blacksmith's newsgroup that can be signed up for through ABANA's web site; severall members of this group live in Southern California. One of its members lives in Clairmont (or did so back in 2006), which as you no doubt know, is situated about fifteen minutes west of you on highway 10, and ten minutes north of Pomona. Gas fired tunnel forges are merely casting furnaces turned on their sides. The gentleman I'm thinking of is quite an experimenter, and bound to do you more good than many a casting fan would. If you don't look him up, you'll be the poorer for not doing so.
        Mikey

        From: Jim Rogers <jr%40jamesrogersstudio.com" target=_blank>jr@...>