Re: [hobbicast] Foundry myths + shoe protection

  • Lance Eggleston
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 11, 2011
      Thanks for the videos.
      I had wondered about Al melt into water: pellets vs a solid mass.
      I like the abstract nature of the piece.

      Also, re shoe / boot protection.
      I bought these from Drill Spot.

      http://tinyurl.com/6kgqcy6

      lance
      ++++

      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 26, 2011
        On Oct 26, 2011, at 2:12 PM, Lyle wrote:

        > Silicon carbide won't last longer for iron.

        "The crucibles that work best with cast iron DO NOT include graphite."

        http://www.ehow.com/how_4478702_melt-cast-iron.html

        Best,

        Jeshua Lacock
        Founder/Engineer