Re: AIR FORCED GAS BURNER

  • David
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 12, 2011
      one of the easiest blowers to aquire is the combustion air blower from a central heat furnace that is on gas, hooked to a router speed controller to control the amount of air needed. on an 1.5 inch pipe this blower will generate enough heat to melt cast iron. one of the largest problems with melting cast iron is the fact that most furnaces are made out of refactory that sucks up a lot of heat getting to iron melting temperature.
      David

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Carl <carl_r2000@...> wrote:

      > Carlos:I can't say that blower won't work but in theory it is the wrong type of blower. It is a low pressure blower and it will not force as much air through a small pipe as a high pressure blower will. The idea is that the flame will burn back inside the burner tube faster than the air can come out. Instead of the flame being at the end of the burner tube it will be back where the propane enters the tube. This will over heat the tube and may cause flashbacks and backfires. That blower would produce about 1" of water pressure. Some of the air bounce blowers were rated about 7" water pressure. A vacuum would be similar. To illustrate this take your vacuum hose and place it in a bucket of water. Measure how deep it goes before the water stops all air flow. It should be 5" to 7". I think a hose connected to the blower in your link would barely go below the surface before all air flow stops. I have a similar blower. I will try and test it this week. You can
      > go to the Grainger website and see the SP(static pressure?) rating of several types of blowers. Sometimes things work that according the the experts won't work. Carl
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Dallas Richardson
      Message 68 of 68 , Jun 3, 2012
        The Great Mickey Porter;

        Hey guy;  I would like to be one of the first people to congratulate
        you.. cause I was reading my latest issue of "The Lindsay Publications"
        and guess what I ran across??? LOL  I said to myself, Self , I know
        that guy... Very nice piece and your illustrations go right along with the
        theme of the magazine.. Again , congrats and remember us little guys
        when you get rich!!!

        The VERY best to you Mike.. You earned every bit of it..

                                                                 Dallas  IMAX 1340