Re: [hobbicast] Argon bubbler

  • CaptonZap@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 27, 2011
      In a message dated 3/27/2011 6:27:27 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
      jeshua@... writes:

      Just curious, is this what you have done, or is this what you think?

      :)

      Best,

      Jeshua Lacock, Owner
      <_http://OpenOSX.com_ (http://openosx.com/) >
      phone: 208.462.4171

      ===================Reply==========================

      Iv 'e done it, what difference does it make? CZ

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 27, 2011
        On Mar 27, 2011, at 8:42 AM, CaptonZap@... wrote:

        > Iv 'e done it, what difference does it make? CZ

        See Ron's signature. Just messing around...

        Best,

        Jeshua Lacock, Owner
        <http://OpenOSX.com>
        phone: 208.462.4171
      • Ron Thompson
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 27, 2011
          On 3/27/2011 8:43 AM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:

          > On Mar 27, 2011, at 6:41 AM, Ron Thompson wrote:
          >
          > > I have done it, but not for an argon bubbler. That is how I hooked
          > up my
          > > propane burner I used for many years. Never failed.
          >
          > So then it is both 1 and 2?
          >
          > :D
          >
          > Just kidding around with you in case you can't tell.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Jeshua Lacock, Owner
          > <http://OpenOSX.com>
          > phone: 208.462.4171

          Yeah, I know. Easy target, huh?<GRIN>

          --

          Ron Thompson

          There are two kinds of posts on newsgroups.
          1. This is what I have done...
          2. This is what I think...
          Be aware of the difference!

          http://www.ourcadguy.com/

          Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

        • David
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 27, 2011
            hose would be my first guess, using compression fitings

            --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Chad M" <chadnkrisie@...> wrote:

            > my latest brass pours have had alot of hydrogen voids. I'd like to build an Argon Bubbler using a 2-3 foot graphite tube. Any ideas on how to connect a graphite tube to an Argon tank that has a regulator?

          • Carlos Contreras
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 27, 2011
              Hi Guys.. Hi Chad,

              My personal opinion is that you don´t need argon to eliminate the Hidrogen from the melting bronze.

              you can use a product thta are in the market one commercial name is LOGAS, it os a donut made with calcium carbonate bobded with sodium silicate.
              the calcium carbonate generate bublles of CO, when iy is heated... so if you bond calcium carbonate 10 to 20 Mesh with 5 % sodium silicate and ahape its as a donnut, dry in air by 12 hour and then put ober the furnace during the melting (to preheat it), then inmmerse in the melted metal before puring.

              the other caouse of poros are the oxigen you have to use cooper phosporous before pouring the metal to deoxidize the metal.

              http://www.foseco.co.uk/uk/products_and_services/non_ferrous_foundry/non_ferrous_metal_treatment/downloads/Data_Sheets/Copper_treatment/LOGAS_50.pdf

              All teh Best

              On 3/26/2011 9:38 PM, Chad M wrote:

              > my latest brass pours have had alot of hydrogen voids. I'd like to
              > build an Argon Bubbler using a 2-3 foot graphite tube. Any ideas on
              > how to connect a graphite tube to an Argon tank that has a regulator?

              I'd slip a hose over it and use a hose clamp, if needed. Something like
              automotive fuel line hose would do.

              .