Alternator castings

  • ferrman1001
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2011
      To anyone that maybe interested I have uploaded photos of a project that I finished last year. They are in the photos section under "Alternator castings". The photos show patterns and finished castings. A 12v 55amp was used as well as a small alternator to excite the field windings. I made a electronic transformer so it will produce 240v. It worked fine but did not have the capacity so now I am experimenting with a 3 phase 4hp induction motor so it be made into a generator

      Ernie
    • bs190815
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2011
        I'm curious, your castings and work look great, but what was the end
        purpose for making this alternator? What kind of capacity do you need?

        wrote:

        > To anyone that maybe interested I have uploaded photos of a project
        that I finished last year. They are in the photos section under
        "Alternator castings". The photos show patterns and finished castings. A
        12v 55amp was used as well as a small alternator to excite the field
        windings. I made a electronic transformer so it will produce 240v. It
        worked fine but did not have the capacity so now I am experimenting with
        a 3 phase 4hp induction motor so it be made into a generator

        > Ernie

      • mary long
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2011
          So how do we see the pictures?

          wrote:

          > To anyone that maybe interested I have uploaded photos of a project
          that I finished last year. They are in the photos section under
          "Alternator castings". The photos show patterns and finished castings. A
          12v 55amp was used as well as a small alternator to excite the field
          windings. I made a electronic transformer so it will produce 240v. It
          worked fine but did not have the capacity so now I am experimenting with
          a 3 phase 4hp induction motor so it be made into a generator

          > Ernie

        • ferrman1001
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2011
            I wanted build a small backup generator so I can use small power tools and lights during a power failure. I live on a rural property and power failures can happen alot. The 4hp motor should be enough for all my needs.
            Ernie