Re: [hobbicast] AIR FORCED BURNER

  • Carlos Contreras
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 6, 2010
      Hi Guys,

      I want to give my thanks to everybody who gave me informations, or send comments related with the waste oil burner, I will try 2 ways to reach the maximun heat possible from the burner.

      1.- spray system (with a good desing of the exit of the burner), and good air force blower (medium pressure)

      2.- Gasified oil, using a preheating camara on the exit of the burner, and also good air force blower.

      as I said I will try to melt around 50 to 60 klos of gry iron pouring temperature is a litle higher than red brass, so I believe I can do that but I want to do using waste iol in the most clean and efficient way.

      I was thinking to build a small cupola, but if I can melt gray iron with my same furnace will be bether roeder than have other furnace more and more material to dispouse. and i have a friend who have a car repair shop, so the fuel will be almost for free.

      Thanks again and I will post to share my advances.

      All the best.
      Maximo64.

    • Carlos Contreras
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 10, 2010