Re: lostfoam scroll cutter

  • oldstudentmsgt
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 23, 2010
      thanks Dave! With all the junque I have around here, I should be able to improvise one pretty easily. I have lots of soldering irons in various wattage ratings, and I'm sure I've got a 600watt dimmer here somewhere, too. That and a bit of heavy copper wire, a bit of stiff spring stock, and a bit of brazing and puttering should do the job. ;)

      I've done the nichrome wire, but plunge cutting will be SO much more useful!

      thanks again!

      Bill in OKC

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, David Patterson <odd_kins@...> wrote:

      > Bill it's one of these
      > http://www.amazon.com/Styro-Wonder-Knife-Cutter-Plus/dp/B000PCWKUG
      > it's single contact, that allows it to plunge cut.
      >
      > Dave Patterson
      > odd_kins@...
      > http://home.comcast.net/~oddkins/foundry_home.html

    • Carlos Contreras