Re: re. brass porosity

  • Lyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2010
      Ernie,
      If you want a yellow color, you can add zinc to silicon bronze or buy "silicon brass" from Atlas Metals in Colorado (they ship). I think their silicon brass is the same as 513B silicon bronze. It has about 15% zinc in it. I've added more zinc to about 30%. At 30% it's nice yellow and much easier to cut. I've made hundreds of belt buckles with it.
      Lyle