Re: Help with a disappointing 1st pour....

  • Carlos Contreras
    Message 1 of 53 , Aug 7, 2010
      HI,

      IN FOUNDRY THE TERM SAND IS RELATED TO THE MATERIAL TO MAKE THE MOULD AND USUALY IS SAND (SILICA SAND), AND A MATERIAL TO "BOND" THE SAND AND DEPENDING ON THE MOULDING PROCES THE MIXTURE CAN BE:

      GREEN SAND PROCESS, IS SAND PLUS BENTONITE, WATER, AND SOME CASE SEA COAL
      NO BAKE PROCESS, IS SAND PLUS BINDER AND HARDENER
      CO2 PROCESS IS SAND PLUS SODIUM SILCATE AND GAS CO2 AS A HARDENER
      SHELL MOLDING PROCESS, IS SAND PLUS NOVOLACA BINDER, AND HEAT TO HARD THE SAND
      LOST FOAM PROCES, IS ONLY SAND... WITH OUT ANY OTHER MATERIAL, THE SAND IS COMPACTED AROUND THE FOAM PATTER BY VIBRATION OF THE METALIC SHELL CONTAINER (DRUM)..THAT WAS THE ADVANTAGE OF THIS PROCESS... NO WATER, NO ADITIVES TO THE SAND JUST A GOOD SAND WITH A GRAIN SIZE CONTROLES BETWEN 20 TO 30 afs

      IN ALL CASES IS SILICA SAND PLUS SOME THING EXCEPT LOST FOAM...

      ALL THE BEST GUYS

    • lambe_jings@yahoo.com
      Message 53 of 53 , Aug 13, 2010
        Hi
        I want to ask how to get a good stainless steel casting? Thx before

        Best regards

        Yuan
        Sent from my BlackBerry®