Re: Plaques

  • Gary R
    Message 1 of 57 , Mar 1, 2010
      (Deep sigh)

      Toke me a minute or so to find the same thing he did. Type cnc router into the search field at Instructables. Look for lessions 1 and 2. You'll find reference to http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx
      There you'll find step by step instructions in building. As well as how to use >>>MACH 3<<< software.
      My question is, if you can't click a mouse, how you gona build a router?
      Oh, the steppers and hardware? I got mine from a surplus site a few years ago, before I even thought of building a router. I knew years ago one day I'd retire and have time on my hands and if I didn't collect stuff back then, I wouldn't have it to work with now.

      GaryR Luke: I don't believe it! Yoda: THAT...is why you fail.

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "bob_chilinski" <chilly@...> wrote:

      > Spill the beans inquiring minds want to know. What did you use to drive the steppers? I have about 20-30 from old copiers I'd like to play with.
      >
      > Bob
      > --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "oldstudentmsgt" <wmrmeyers@> wrote:
      > >
      > > And no plans? ;)
      > >
      > > Not to mention the write-up on how you put it together!
      > >
      > > good going, btw. I've been trying to put my workshop together enough to get into it for almost 2 years, now, and here you go and build a machine in what, less than a week?
      > >
      > > I have GOT to get a move on!
      > >
      > > Bill in OKC
      > >
      > > --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Nick Andrews <nickjandrews@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > What, no link to the carving machine? And no pictures?

      > > > --
      > > > Nick A
      > > >
      > > > "You know what I wish? I wish that all the scum of the world had but a
      > > > single throat, and I had my hands about it..." Rorschach, 1975
      > > >
      > > > "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
      > > > deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review
      > > > of Pennsylvania, 1759
      > > >
      > > > "Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the
      > > > streets after them." Bill Vaughan
      > > >
      > > > "The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
      > > > Plato

    • Ron Thompson
      Message 57 of 57 , Apr 10 4:39 AM
        I think the only practical option is to cnc route the pattern. Find a
        sign shop to do it for you and get a quote. Ask for the cheapest
        material that will make a good sand pattern, such as MDF.
        Please let us know your final outcome.

        --

        Ron Thompson Riding my '07 XL883C Sportster
        On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space

        Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

        Want to have some fun? The next time you're at McDonald's, wait until
        the kid has your change ready and then say "Wait, I've got the two cents."
        -Ron Thompson