Skip to search.

Re: [hobbicast] Plaques

  • David Potter
    Message 1 of 57 , Feb 19, 2010
      It sounds like you need to do what professional sign makers do. Make your letters on a wooden sign; cover the letters with some kind of tape, wood glue, or something that will resist abrasion, and sandblast the wood. This will cause the letters to be raised, and you can then make a sand casting of the wooden plaque - turning the form into metal.

      The books you need are about professional sign making.

      You already know how to do the metal casting.

      Hope this helps.

      ~ David

      Message 57 of 57 , Apr 10, 2010
        I think the only practical option is to cnc route the pattern. Find a
        sign shop to do it for you and get a quote. Ask for the cheapest
        material that will make a good sand pattern, such as MDF.
        Please let us know your final outcome.

        --

        Ron Thompson Riding my '07 XL883C Sportster
        On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space

        Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

        Want to have some fun? The next time you're at McDonald's, wait until
        the kid has your change ready and then say "Wait, I've got the two cents."
        -Ron Thompson