Re: [hobbicast] new casting foam (at least to me)

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hello Brian,
      There is a link for free samples on the web site. Other than that, I
      have no idea where to get it yet.

      Rupert

      Brian Fairey wrote:
      > Rupert wrote:
      >> Hello Guys,
      >> Has anyone tried out this foam for making castings?
      >> <http://www.jsp.com/eu/home/products/CLEARPOR_Casting_Foam.php> Sounds
      >> like it should be a good foam to use according to the literature.
      >>
      >> Rupert
      >>
      > but where do you buy it?
      > Brian.

      > List Owner:

      yvt

      Rupert Wenig
      Camrose, Alberta, Canada.

      email: rwenig2@...

      http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/
    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
        Hello David,
        Which type of water heater has the foam- gas or electric? The 3 month
        shelf live is a bummer.
        Guess I better read the specs again. I thought they were talking about
        using smaller beads to make sheets for customers. Having to make a mold
        first to make a pattern would not be of any advantage for me.

        Rupert

        --

        yvt

        Rupert Wenig
        Camrose, Alberta, Canada.

        email: rwenig2@...

        http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/
      • David Patterson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
          Rupert, it's just a pad to go under the water heater. I no longer have the brand name, when I get to the hardware store I'll write it down. it's probably the same as the 2lb or 3lb foam found here.
          http://www.closedcellfoams.com/polystyrene.html

          --

          yvt

          Rupert Wenig