RE: [hobbicast] Re: furnace cavity & crucible size

  • Roman Muñoz
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2009
      Thank you both very much,

      Roman

      --- On Thu, 5/14/09, Rick Sparber <rgsparber@...> wrote:

      From: Rick Sparber <rgsparber@...>
      Subject: RE: [hobbicast] Re: furnace cavity & crucible size
      To: hobbicast@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 1:39 PM

      I second LL's comments. Start with the crucible, make or buy the
      liftout shank, use them to size the diameter of the furnace chamber.
      Then work from the inside out to get the OD.

      Another reason to have extra room above the crucible is to allow scrap
      to be added to the melt and get the lid back on.

      Rick