Re: Stupid Question Need Help About Aluminum Actual Melting Process.

  • cartierusm2004
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 30, 2009
      Thanks, I went on their tour last thrusday but it was just a regular employee who gave it. They are non-profit and I love the idea of the place but their classes are rather expensive.

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, postello@... wrote:

      > In that case, try The Crucible:
      > http://www.thecrucible.org
      >
      > > Thanks, I'm in San Francisco.
      > >
      > > --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rwenig2@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I can't add much to what has already been said but maybe
      > you live close
      > >> enough to another member who could demonstrate a melt for you.
      > That
      > >> would answer many of your concerns. Where are you?
      > >>
      > >> Rupert

      > minute
      > >> lesson. I've been reasearching this for years. I've got my design
      > >> down for my furnace and burner, but I was asking about the actual
      > >> melting process for aluminum as I can't find it anywhere. Thanks,
      > >> this helps.
      > >> >
      > >> --
      > >>
      > >> yvt
      > >>
      > >> Rupert Wenig
      > >> Camrose, Alberta, Canada.
      > >>
      > >> email: rwenig2@
      > >>
      > >> http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/%5b1]
      > >>

      > Links:
      > ------
      > [1] http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/

    • Stone Tool
      Message 51 of 51 , May 3, 2009
        Hasn't this gone on long enough?? The truth is that the wavelength of
        light radiated from heated metal is predictable based on the temperature
        of that metal...... something metal casters and blacksmiths have known
        for centuries.