Re: Post drill pictures

  • JohnW
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 4, 2009
      Lance
      Looks very nice.

      If it were mine I'd take a sledge to it and break it to pieces. As a youngster it was often my job to turn the crank on one of these, I still hate the site of them LOL.

      JohnW

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Lance <gbof@...> wrote:

      > Rex and Gene
      >
      > here's the refurb post drill
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/ck389e
      >
      > This is to the group's photo page.
      >
      > Folder is named post drill refurb if Yahoo
      > kills the link . The nice finish of the wheel you cast
      > set the color scheme... Aluminum and Green.
      >
      > I have added some nylon bushing and brass washers
      > to take up some play and act as bearing surfaces.
      >
      > I need to make and finish a suitable mounting board
      > for the extended chrome steel post.
      >
      > Thanks for your help in re-doing the rear wheel.
      >
      > lance
      > ++++
      >

      > On Feb 17, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Rexarino wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Lance. I was out of town for 2 weeks, helping relatives with
      > > problems. Now I'm home, and Joe and I would love to see pictures at
      > > your convenience, either as it is, or mounted. Since I have DSL and
      > > gmail, send whatever size and quantity of pictures you like, or post
      > > them to the group so we can all see your handiwork! It sounds like
      > > you've done a real bang-up job on the post drill! I wish my projects
      > > had made as much headway as yours...

    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 4, 2009
        Hey John,
        They work fine if you replace the hand crank with a pulley, belt and
        electric motor. :-) Post drills are great where a slow turning bit is
        required.

        Rupert

        JohnW wrote:
        > Lance
        > Looks very nice.
        >
        > If it were mine I'd take a sledge to it and break it to pieces. As a youngster it was often my job to turn the crank on one of these, I still hate the site of them LOL.
        >
        > JohnW
        >
        > --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Lance <gbof@...> wrote:
        >> Rex and Gene
        >>
        >> here's the refurb post drill
        >>
        >> http://tinyurl.com/ck389e
        >>
        >> This is to the group's photo page.
        >>
        >> Folder is named post drill refurb if Yahoo
        >> kills the link . The nice finish of the wheel you cast
        >> set the color scheme... Aluminum and Green.
        >>
        >> I have added some nylon bushing and brass washers
        >> to take up some play and act as bearing surfaces.
        >>
        >> I need to make and finish a suitable mounting board
        >> for the extended chrome steel post.
        >>
        >> Thanks for your help in re-doing the rear wheel.
        >>
        >> lance
        >> ++++
        >>

        >> On Feb 17, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Rexarino wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hi Lance. I was out of town for 2 weeks, helping relatives with
        >>> problems. Now I'm home, and Joe and I would love to see pictures at
        >>> your convenience, either as it is, or mounted. Since I have DSL and
        >>> gmail, send whatever size and quantity of pictures you like, or post
        >>> them to the group so we can all see your handiwork! It sounds like
        >>> you've done a real bang-up job on the post drill! I wish my projects
        >>> had made as much headway as yours...

        > List Owner:

        yvt

        Rupert Wenig
        Camrose, Alberta, Canada.

        email: rwenig2@...

        http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/
      • Rexarino
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 4, 2009
          Lance, that looks really nice! You did a great job on it!
          Rex