Re: [hobbicast] Merle Liess Pyramid Products

  • karl kean
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
      Lori,
      Would this be in regard to a defective product or not delivering what was ordered?
      Karl
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
        I remember in the early 60's we had steel beer cans that required an
        opener...... Then they transitioned to a pull tab that you pulled and
        threw on the ground (typically)...... I don't remember what the pull
        tabs were made of though...... I was too young to be allowed to drink beer.

        Howard

        wbhinkle@... wrote:
        > I think it was the tabs on older steel beer cans.
        > bill hinkle
        > in Oklahoma
        >

        > In a message dated 7/17/2008 6:06:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        > postello@... writes:
        >

        > I have a question from some friends who do historical archaeology.
        > What products come with a ferrous (magnetic, iron or steel, not
        > aluminum) pull tab, with either a steel or aluminum lid? Not
        > Campbell's soup, which has a steel lid and an aluminum pull tab. Any
        > scrap melters out there with a ready answer?
        > Dan Postellon
        >

        > **************Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
        > FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

        > List Owner:

      • Dan Fox
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
          Ah, yes! Remember some of the ads created to instruct us on the new
          technology? "Zip, tip, sip!" and IIRC there was some goofy cartoon guy
          showing us how to open a Schlitz.

          Oh for the days when all that was advertised during a football game
          was razor blades and cigars.

          --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Cranston" <dlcranston@...>
          wrote:

          > Those of us of a certain age remember the transition from having to
          carry a
          > 'church key' to be able to get at the good stuff without assistance.
          There
          > was a period when pull tabs were steel until they developed the
          techniques
          > to roll the aluminum to get enough strength to handle the pull plus
          making
          > the top thinner and scoring it to allow easier pulls. Early day
          memories,
          > before the technique was perfected, of having a 6 pack with all the
          pull
          > tabs pulled off and no church key still develops a good vocabulary.
          >
          > Dennis in Houston

        • Lori Friese
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
            For the people on the list it was stated that he took their orders and money and did not supply the products.

            Lori
            Would this be in regard to a defective product or not delivering what was ordered?
            Karl
            A while ago the fraudulent behavior of Merle Liess of Pyramid Products was listed on this list. He is now in Idaho and doing the same thing.

            If you would like his contact information please contact me.

            Thank you,

            Lori

            check out these two affiliated sites:

            http://budgetcastingsupply.com/<http://budgetcastingsupply.com/>