Re: [hobbicast] Silver Solder / Platinum

  • Dann Johnson
    Message 1 of 46 , Apr 30, 2008
      What is the silver to tin ratio is in Oatey "Silver Solder" ? It can't be much because a one pound spool of silver solder costs about $15 ?

      Yep,

      Thank you for everyone that answered my original post asking about Platinum.
      Without checking into it, I had thought of platinum as just an another relatively low melting temp, precious metal. A "cool", but more expensive precious metal on the order of silver or gold.

      I learned a bunch reading, and quickly concluded that harvesting platinum from old cat converters wouldn't be a cake walk that I wanted to try.

      Dann

    • Dann Johnson