Re: [hobbicast] Re: The Open Lathe project, slightly OT

  • Pierre Coueffin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
      The multimachine group has a lathe/horizontal mill combo that is open.
      It is kind of a frankenstien's monster built around engine blocks as
      the main cast iron parts.

      On the other hand, some of them have been built to work on big chunks
      of metal. Pat Delany the original multimachine one time to sharpen
      the blades on a push-motor, using a 4" grinder mounted in the
      toolpost... You can do very interesting stuff with a powerful enough
      toolpost grinder and a machine that will spin a foot diameter piece of
      steel.