Some pics of my shop and today mold making and pour

  • oldgoaly
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
      http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=eed9203975b0bf698c9e7c56ba37815f971862a17cfa8687

      if you click on photo gallery view it will give you thumbnails pics ,
      then click on ones of interest and you can get medium and large pics. tt
    • coldtoo2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2008
        Hey, those look better! Did you get the big ornate grills to come out?
        CT2

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2008
          Well i've tried 4 times, and come up with a couple of short spots, I'm
          putting off casting more for a little while, had been limping do to a
          pulled hamstring from tripping over some scrap aluminum, but as that
          was getting better, my right "good" knee has a problem. I've got one
          of these knee immobilizers on it waiting on the doctors.
          I do believe i'll gate them a little heavier and smoother was rushing
          to get done. Also going to put the ladle in pot and let the heat come
          back up and then pour, may have lost more temperature than i thought.
          I've had few castings turn out, mostly 1 spure = 1 part, I haven't had
          the pot type furnace running long at all, so all of this is still
          experimenting still working the bugs out. All of what I have casted
          before was from a crucible to the mold. Which reminds me that i need
          to get going on that lifting jig! tt