McShane Bell Foundry

  • mmagnusol
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007
      Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe on the Discovery Channel will be re-running
      a program at 1 am Eastern Standard Time tonite on pouring a bell at the
      McShane Bell Foundry. This includes making the sand out of sand and
      horse dung and water and packing the cope and drag with it.
      Pouring the silicone bronze and polishing the bell which is about three
      feet high.

      Sorry not to have seen it earlier. The wife told me in time for me to
      see it.
      Maybe some of you can catch it in three or so hours.
      Or more if you are REALLY out west.

      Mike's show is listed on the Discovery Channel's website.

      Magnus