Re: [hobbicast] BBQ Paint

  • LLandstrom
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2001
      Go to a car shop and buy some VHT paint made for
      exhaust headers. the outside of your furnace better
      not get hotter than that or your losing too much heat.

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • e.heritage@btinternet.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2001
        I found some at Halford's, I think it's got aluminiun particales in it
        because it sparkles under lights but leaves a sort of dusty matt finish.
        Anyway, it's good for 650 deg. C, the highest I could find. I don't think
        the outside will get that hot but I'm not sure about the top when I'm using
        it to melt iron. Around the vent I would expect to be getting close. Paint
        doesn't like sticking to metal much even though it's for exhuast manifolds.

        I'll paint the last strap for the door in a minute and when I'll get
        back I'll start mortoring it together (The door) if my brother will give me
        a hand. Then when it's door it'll be carefully manouvered to the oven where
        I'll keep it warm at about 50 deg. C or so until I go to bed, when I'll put
        it up to 90 - 110 deg. C. If it's looking better tommorow (Dry) I'll put it
        up to 200 - 230 deg. C and bake it for a few hours to fully dry out.

        Thanks for the help,
        John

        http://members.nbci.com/HWilkinson/