harbor freight crucibles

  • terry l. ridder
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2006
      hello;

      has anyone used the harbor freight jeweler size crucibles?
      if you have how would you rate them?

      http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93699

      --
      terry l. ridder ><>
    • Dan Brewer
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2006
        If they are a size that you use get them before they are all gone.

        Dan in Auburn

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 23, 2006
          4a. harbor freight crucibles
          Posted by: "terry l. ridder" terrylr@... artisticforge
          Date: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:17 pm ((PST))

          hello;

          has anyone used the harbor freight jeweler size crucibles?
          if you have how would you rate them?

          http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93699

          --
          terry l. ridder ><>

          [They look like regular clay-graphite crucibles to me, not "machined
          graphite" as it says in that link. Clay-graphite is pressed into a mold, not
          machined, and these have all the artifacts of (rather sloppy) pressing. But
          I haven't seen them close up, in person.]

          Andrew Werby
          www.unitedartworks.com