Re: Bentone 34 - Petrobond I

  • Edyn
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2006
      "Rick Rowlands" wrote

      Please tell me why the petrobond is better than greensand. Greensand
      works great for me.

      I used greensand for a while before switching to PB, Like said you
      can Ram and pour a few days, weeks even months later!, It packs nice
      and tight, and alot cleaner to work with. The greenstrength of kb is
      far more superior to Greensand, Ive never had any drops with KB. At
      times when ramming moulds with big sections hanging in the cope Ive
      thought I should ram up some Gaggers and never and had no drops. Ive
      also found when pulling patterns the sand doesnt break at the edges
      like Greensand does, just some of the experiances Ive had.

      I love my KBond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (- :

      Edyn, New Zealand

      > Rick Rowlands
      > Tod Engine Works
      > Makers of Quality iron, steel, ductile iron
      > and nonferrous castings
      > 249 North Water Avenue
      > Sharon, PA 16146
      > 330-728-2799
      > Fax 330-759-1524
      > www.todengine.org/engineworks.html

      CO.
      > > This is a white color, from Elementis. Paypal accepted on the
      site.

      > > http://www.copperstarways.com
      > >
      > > Happy casting.
      > > RKern
      > > CSW

      > > List Owner:
      > > owly@...
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Daniel C Postellon
      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2006
        Do you absolutely need a muller to use petrobond.

      • Clint D
        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2006
          Daniel
          If you already have pre-mixed PB, then no, you dont need a muller. The
          only time you would need one is if you are making up your own batches.
          Some folks build a fluffer to sort of break it up and recondition every
          now and then

          I have been using my PB for 4 years now and only reconditioned it once

          Clint

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 16 , May 2, 2006
            A link to answer some petrobond questions

            http://www.metalwebnews.com/petro-bond.html

            --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <driggars@...> wrote:

            > Daniel
            > If you already have pre-mixed PB, then no, you dont need a muller.
            The
            > only time you would need one is if you are making up your own
            batches.
            > Some folks build a fluffer to sort of break it up and recondition
            every
            > now and then
            >
            > I have been using my PB for 4 years now and only reconditioned it
            once

            > Clint
            >

            > Daniel C Postellon wrote:
            >
            > >Do you absolutely need a muller to use petrobond.
            > >

            > >> "Rick Rowlands" wrote
            > >>
            > >>Please tell me why the petrobond is better than greensand.
            Greensand
            > >>works great for me.
            > >>
            > >> I used greensand for a while before switching to PB, Like said
            you
            > >>can Ram and pour a few days, weeks even months later!, It packs
            nice
            > >>and tight, and alot cleaner to work with. The greenstrength of
            kb is
            > >>far more superior to Greensand, Ive never had any drops with KB.
            At
            > >>times when ramming moulds with big sections hanging in the cope
            Ive
            > >>thought I should ram up some Gaggers and never and had no drops.
            Ive
            > >>also found when pulling patterns the sand doesnt break at the
            edges
            > >>like Greensand does, just some of the experiances Ive had.
            > >>
            > >> I love my KBond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (- :
            > >>
            > >> Edyn, New Zealand

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 16 , May 2, 2006
              http://www.metalwebnews.com/petro-bond.html

              I think this will answer some questions.

            • kishore damaraju
              Message 6 of 16 , May 2, 2006
                dear Group mate's,
                i am kishore. i am a mechanical engineering student.
                as the part of my course i need to know some details
                about casting and casting process. so kindly share
                some of the websites which has information about the
                different casting methods and other details about that
                process.
                thanking you,
                yours sincerely

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Edyn
                Message 7 of 16 , May 3, 2006
                  Daniel,

                  Like Clint says, you only need a Muller for initially mixing up your
                  own batches, but you can still achieve this by hand anyway. I mixed
                  up all my own KB in small batches by hand. I made up a very simple
                  mixer that is attached to a drill which I use to condition/regel my
                  KB when the Methonal eventually evaporates. Propylene Carbonate
                  however doesnt dry out as quickly as methonal but I use this as its
                  easier to source here in NZ (-:

                  Edyn
                  New Zealand

                  --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel C Postellon" <postello@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Do you absolutely need a muller to use petrobond.
                  >
                  > > "Rick Rowlands" wrote
                  > >
                  > > Please tell me why the petrobond is better than greensand.
                  Greensand
                  > > works great for me.
                  > >
                  > > I used greensand for a while before switching to PB, Like said
                  you
                  > > can Ram and pour a few days, weeks even months later!, It packs
                  nice
                  > > and tight, and alot cleaner to work with. The greenstrength of kb
                  is
                  > > far more superior to Greensand, Ive never had any drops with KB.
                  At
                  > > times when ramming moulds with big sections hanging in the cope
                  Ive
                  > > thought I should ram up some Gaggers and never and had no drops.
                  Ive
                  > > also found when pulling patterns the sand doesnt break at the
                  edges
                  > > like Greensand does, just some of the experiances Ive had.
                  > >
                  > > I love my KBond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (- :
                  > >
                  > > Edyn, New Zealand
                  > >

                  > >> Rick Rowlands
                  > >> Tod Engine Works
                  > >> Makers of Quality iron, steel, ductile iron
                  > >> and nonferrous castings
                  > >> 249 North Water Avenue
                  > >> Sharon, PA 16146
                  > >> 330-728-2799
                  > >> Fax 330-759-1524
                  > >> www.todengine.org/engineworks.html

                • Edyn
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 3, 2006

                    wrote:

                    > Do you absolutely need a muller to use petrobond.
                    >
                    > > "Rick Rowlands" wrote
                    > >
                    > > Please tell me why the petrobond is better than greensand.
                    Greensand
                    > > works great for me.
                    > >
                    > > I used greensand for a while before switching to PB, Like said
                    you
                    > > can Ram and pour a few days, weeks even months later!, It packs
                    nice
                    > > and tight, and alot cleaner to work with. The greenstrength of kb
                    is
                    > > far more superior to Greensand, Ive never had any drops with KB.
                    At
                    > > times when ramming moulds with big sections hanging in the cope
                    Ive
                    > > thought I should ram up some Gaggers and never and had no drops.
                    Ive
                    > > also found when pulling patterns the sand doesnt break at the
                    edges
                    > > like Greensand does, just some of the experiances Ive had.
                    > >
                    > > I love my KBond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (- :
                    > >
                    > > Edyn, New Zealand
                    > >

                    > >> Rick Rowlands
                    > >> Tod Engine Works
                    > >> Makers of Quality iron, steel, ductile iron
                    > >> and nonferrous castings
                    > >> 249 North Water Avenue
                    > >> Sharon, PA 16146
                    > >> 330-728-2799
                    > >> Fax 330-759-1524
                    > >> www.todengine.org/engineworks.html

                  • Lyle
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 3, 2006
                      But's it's alot cheaper at other places. But it's still more
                      expensive than greensand.
                      LL

                      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Rowlands" <jrrowlands@...>