phosphorbronze?

  • mtierneyr5gt
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27 12:40 PM
      is phosphor-bronze safe to melt or is it a bit like magnesium??o
    • Peter Sibley
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27 11:20 PM
        mtierneyr5gt writes:

        Quite safe

        > is phosphor-bronze safe to melt or is it a bit like magnesium??o

        > List Owner:

      • mtierneyr5gt
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31 11:22 AM
          thanks peter!!do u or anyone else know how i can identify a sample of
          phos.bronze compared to brass??my problem is i have 2 scrap bits and
          one is very dark and the other is very pale!!--- In
          hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Sibley " <sibleyp@...> wrote:

          > mtierneyr5gt writes:
          >

          > Quite safe
          >

          > > is phosphor-bronze safe to melt or is it a bit like magnesium??o

          > > List Owner:
          > > owly@...
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • mtierneyr5gt
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2006
            --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "mtierneyr5gt" <mtierneyr5gt@...>
            wrote:
            >anybody??also am i right in saying that bronze is copper and tin
            while brass is copper and zinc!?
            > thanks peter!!do u or anyone else know how i can identify a sample
            of
            > phos.bronze compared to brass??my problem is i have 2 scrap bits
            and
            > one is very dark and the other is very pale!!--- In
            > hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Sibley " <sibleyp@> wrote:
            > >
            > > mtierneyr5gt writes:
            > >

            > > Quite safe
            > >

            > > > is phosphor-bronze safe to melt or is it a bit like magnesium??
            > > >

            > > > For discussion of Metal Casting and related issues
            > > > this list does not accept attachments.
            > > >
            > > > Files area and list services are at:
            > > >
            > > > For additional files and photos and off topic discussions
            > > > check out these two affiliated sites:
            > > >
            > > > Please visit our sponsor: Budget Casting Supply
            > > > http://budgetcastingsupply.com/
            > > >
            > > > List Owner:
            > > > owly@
            > > >

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • jesse Brennan
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2006
              You won't be able to tell much by looking.Brass is "usually"
              copper with zinc, but bronze is an even more generic term that
              is a copper alloy. Classic bronze would be copper with tin but that
              is only the beginning. see:
              http://www.copper.org/
              it is a big site and covers almost everything.
              jesse

              wrote:
              > anybody??also am i right in saying that bronze is copper and tin
              while brass is copper and zinc!?

              this list does not accept attachments.

              check out these two affiliated sites:

              List Owner: