Re: [hobbicast] Re: Okay, what's an easy way to get CO2?

  • Stone Tool
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 30, 2005
      Mikey:
      I was wrong...... or rather perhaps my gauge was wrong.........
      I just checked on my Mig welder....... In my defense, I have a different
      regulator than I did before.......... The Handbook of Chemistry and
      Physics shows 422 psi at 20 deg F which is about the temp I estimated the
      shop to be at the moment...... It wasn't heated except for a brief period
      today and outside temp is near zero. I went out and turned on the bottle
      and check and the pressure appeared to be about 425...... as close as you can
      tell on a small gauge.

      Use of high pressure gasses requires some reasonable caution....... I do
      contend that a jury rig can work fine if proper precautions are taken so that
      you cannot end up with high pressure developing in structures not designed
      for it.

      The world if full of people just aching to earn their "Darwin Award"....so
      suggesting such procedures is perhaps not smart though I would not hesitate
      to resort to them myself if I lacked other methods........and I suspect you
      would too under the same circumstances.

      As I said in one recent post..... this really is about instant
      gratification.... If you aren't in a hurry it's hardly necessary to gas a
      mold anyway.

      H.W.

    • William Abernathy
      Message 44 of 44 , Dec 2, 2005
        "Bob's yer uncle" is an Anglicism for "There you go!", "All done!", and "Ain't
        it neat!" sort of all rolled up into one saying.

        --William A.