Another question: sand cores w/lost foam?

  • Eric Poulsen
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 15, 2005
      Can a hard sand core be used in lost foam? I'm thinking of alleviating
      my steel core removal issues by making a sodium silicate core and
      inserting that into the foam instead of the steel. I'd probably make
      the core mold by drilling slightly smaller than my final bore, making
      the core, pouring, then drilling or reaming to final size.
    • William Abernathy
      Message 44 of 44 , Dec 2, 2005
        "Bob's yer uncle" is an Anglicism for "There you go!", "All done!", and "Ain't
        it neat!" sort of all rolled up into one saying.

        --William A.