Re: [hobbicast] casting bronze around stainless ?

  • Peter Sibley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
      Cracking? now theres a thought! I hadn;t considered that.The reason is
      simple lazyness,trying to avoid an operation and I'm a better foundryman
      than machinist.Thanks for the rely,
      Peter

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2005
        I did a pour today....pouring bronze around stainless ,316 in this case
        worked just fine.No cracking.I bored a hole in the end of the 5/8" round
        3/8" diameter then a cross hole 1/4" to lock it on.A good result,but worth
        pouring hotter as the steel acts as a chill.