Re: [hobbicast] molding bench designs...

  • Jim Kreter
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      Brian,

      I modified the Marshall/Schoepp design so that the
      sand bin was 5 feet long and 18 inches deep.
      This helps in rolling over some of the larger flasks.
      The sand dump is in the bottom of the bin, not the side.
      The bin in high enough to get a 5 gal plastic bucket
      under the sand dump and to store extra buckets of
      mulled sand. There are 1.5 inch angle iron rails that
      run the length of the bin and a mold board support
      made from 1.5 inch square tubing rectangle sits inside
      the rails that can be moved any where along the bin.
      The bin holds 300 lbs of petrobond easily. It is
      fabricated from 10 gauge sheet metal and is stout.
      There is a 2 sq ft work area to the right with shelves to
      store extra crucibles. I have not found that the
      peg board above the molding are to be a good idea. It
      gets in the way when ramming flasks and stuff falls off the
      hooks into the mold if you bump it.

      regards,
      Jim
    • Dan Brewer

[...]