Re: making cores

  • Lyle
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 9, 2005
      Most sodium silicate cores require co2 to be blown thru the coresand.
      Although it will air set by itself just won't get as hard. You will
      need some sort of fitting to get a good seal. I've used plastic
      funnels pushed onto the co2 hose with foam tape for the seal.

      Why not just use linseed oil and bake it or rubber cement? What is
      the size of the core you are doing. I've even used petrobond in cores
      but you need to be careful with PB cores.
      LL

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Chris Reynolds
      <c_reynolds2571@y...> wrote:
      > I want to try making castings with cores. I've never
      > done this before and i was thinking about ordering up
      > some sodium silicate from BCS so I could give it a
      > try. does anyone know of any good information on the
      > web about doing this? I was planning on ordering a
      > couple of books by steve chastain since I believe they
      > contain information on this.
      >
      > chris
    • Malcolm Parker-Lisberg
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 22, 2005
        --- "R.T." <redlupmi2@...> wrote:

        > Ethylene Glycol is also in make-up, but I don't use
        > make up. :o)

        Nice lip colour on your smiley!

        http://mail.yahoo.com