Re: [hobbicast] Re: Hot wire cutting: Experiment results

  • Eric Poulsen
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 13, 2005
      In the end, I used the "sacrificial lamb" technique. I just pinned a
      1/2" thick piece of foam to the bottom of the billet, and removed it
      after I had cut my piece. The thinner bit had the shrinkage, and my
      piece was relatively well formed, though far from being ideal.

      I'll check out the cncfoamcutters group. I've been thinking that if I
      could get the steppers and whatnot cheap enough, I might build a CNC
      machine.