Re: Help with kerosene burner

  • gene98329
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 4, 2005
      Rupert,

      As my OZ buddies say- 'No Worries Mate'! As long as the info is
      correct it doesn't matter who puts it out first! I'm on these lists
      to help folks get past all the mistakes I've made learning! (got a
      couple of skinned knee's to prove it! Ha!)

      Cheers Gene

      -- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Wenig <rwenig@t...> wrote:
      > Sorry Gene. I didn't mean to dim you stardome. I forgot your
      on this list.

      > Rupert
      > ps :-))

    • gene98329
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 4, 2005
        Sure, shoot me an email off list with the picture and I'll see if I
        can figure it out, then we can share the info 'on list'.

        Gene

        --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, lance dulak <lancedulak@y...>
        wrote:
        > Gene can i send you a drawing so you can tell me if
        > this piece is the shutoff you were talkign about?
        >
        > In the tube is a "block" that blocks almost all the
        > fuel to the tip. It has a small keyway cut in it the
        > fuel goes through. Then theres a chamber before the
        > tip. then the little filter and the orifice. Could
        > that be some sort of pressure shutoff? (Havent tried
        > removing t as i spent the entire afternoon dismantling
        > the furnace and scrapping the sheetmetal)

      • Rupert Wenig
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 4, 2005
          Hello Lance,
          You might like to have a look at this site
          <http://www.delavanic.com/oilburner.htm>. It has a lot of oil burner
          info on it. Or, serf from the main page <http://www.delavanic.com> I
          couldn't find it last night but low and behold it was right in front of
          me. Can't see for looking.:-(

          I haven't dealt with the company but found the info valuable for my
          needs as I have an oil furnace burner gun I hope to use to fire a larger
          furnace. Just need to find the time to "play" with it.

          Rupert
        • Col Croucher
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 6, 2005
            Hi Fella's
            Dig around here in the free info directory.
            http://www.myhomefoundry.com/casting_info/
            You might find something.
            Cheers
            Col.

            ********

          • SalisburyNH
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 7, 2005
              Rupert,

              I am unable to open the link???

              BC

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 8, 2005
                Hello BC,

                SalisburyNH wrote:
                > Rupert,
                >
                > I am unable to open the link???
                >
                > BC

              • iamsunshine69
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 27, 2005
                  well on my pc the links dont work???
                  --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Wenig <rwenig@t...> wrote:
                  > Hello Lance,
                  > You might like to have a look at this site
                  > <http://www.delavanic.com/oilburner.htm>. It has a lot of oil
                  burner
                  > info on it. Or, serf from the main page <http://www.delavanic.com>
                  > couldn't find it last night but low and behold it was right in
                  front of
                  > me. Can't see for looking.:-(
                  >
                  > I haven't dealt with the company but found the info valuable
                  for my
                  > needs as I have an oil furnace burner gun I hope to use to fire a
                  larger
                  > furnace. Just need to find the time to "play" with it.
                  >
                  > Rupert
                • Rupert Wenig
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
                    Hi,
                    I'm having the same trouble now. All I can say is try a bit later as
                    the server might be down.
                    Rupert

                    iamsunshine69 wrote:

                    > well on my pc the links dont work???
                    > --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Wenig <rwenig@t...> wrote:
                    >
                    >>Hello Lance,
                    >> You might like to have a look at this site
                    >><http://www.delavanic.com/oilburner.htm>. It has a lot of oil
                    >
                    > burner
                    >
                    >>info on it. Or, serf from the main page <http://www.delavanic.com>

                    >>couldn't find it last night but low and behold it was right in
                    >
                    > front of
                    >
                    >>me. Can't see for looking.:-(
                    >>
                    >> I haven't dealt with the company but found the info valuable
                    >
                    > for my
                    >
                    >>needs as I have an oil furnace burner gun I hope to use to fire a
                    >
                    > larger
                    >
                    >>furnace. Just need to find the time to "play" with it.
                    >>
                    >>Rupert

                    > List Owner:

                  • Rupert Wenig
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005