Re: [hobbicast] Crucible

  • LLandstrom
    Message 1 of 80 , Apr 2, 2001
      That cocktail/iceburg ice information was the most
      practical thing I heard from all this expansion crap.

      LL
      Where everything's still frozen.

    • Foundryman
      Message 80 of 80 , Jan 30, 2002
        Dale, Don't junk your crucible 'of unknown' origin. Heat it to
        super hot, scrape and pour out any residual metal and then use it
        for whatever. Yes, I know that you aren't supposed to use a si
        bronze crucible for leaded brasses. But I do that after a cleanup
        without problems. I regularly convert my silicon bronze
        crucibles to yellow brass crucibles when the wall thickness of
        the bronze crucible get thin enough that I get concerned. The
        yellow brass crud will then increase the wall thickness to the
        point that I junk the crucible but after getting double duty.

        Best, Jerry
        Foundryman in Missouri, USA
        Custom Castings by Twaddell
        foundryman@...