Re: Aluminum Supply +++++

  • Ed Paradis
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hey Leon, be careful when you're posting the pics, the photo album is
      almost full again and it has a propensity to "lock up" when the max
      is exceeded... Maybe an opportunity for others to "clean up" their
      folders??

      Ed
      "Expiring minds want to know!"

      --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Leon Risenhoover <lrisen@d...>
      wrote:
      > I'll post a pic of my two man/woman er person tongs
      we.............. the
      > wife and I. lift 35 lb of cast iron with them )16 lb aluminum) out
      of a 22
      > inch tall furnace and set it on a two ......... person pouring
      shank. its a
      > piece of cake could do twice as much and may have to in aluminum
      > Leon in Luther

    • Leon Risenhoover
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 3, 2004
        I put the two person picker uppers in the Leon in OKC folder "tong and
        shank" castinghobbypictures -it's at 63% now.
        Leon in Luther

        > Hey Leon, be careful when you're posting the pics, the photo album is
        > almost full again and it has a propensity to "lock up" when the max
        > is exceeded... Maybe an opportunity for others to "clean up" their
        > folders??
        >
        > Ed
        > "Expiring minds want to know!"
        >
        > --- In hobbicast@yahoogroups.com, Leon Risenhoover <lrisen@d...>
        > wrote:
        > > I'll post a pic of my two man/woman er person tongs
        > we.............. the
        > > wife and I. lift 35 lb of cast iron with them )16 lb aluminum) out
        > of a 22
        > > inch tall furnace and set it on a two ......... person pouring
        > shank. its a
        > > piece of cake could do twice as much and may have to in aluminum
        > > Leon in Luther

      • JohnW
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 3, 2004
          Gene
          My first aluminum came from a couple of wheels that I bought from a
          wrecker for Cdn $5 each. Total weight was 30 lbs. After trying to
          smash them with a sledge hammer and trying to cut them with a jig saw
          I heated them up in a firepit, broke off a few pieces and then back
          in the pit. Wheels have a large surface area so it's hard to get
          them hot. Adding a little propane to the fire helped immensely.

          Since then I've found that transmission cases are more user
          friendly. They break up fairly easily with a 3 lb hammer without
          heating them up.

          john